Academic Study Plan
Cohort entering 2016-2017
Achieve local and regional excellence and creativity in the fields of information systems.
Keep abreast with developments to meet local and regional labor market needs of women cadres, and utilize knowledge in the fields of computer systems, by providing academic courses and scientific research that comply with local and regional quality standards.
1. Prepare specialized women cadres in the field of computer information systems able to compete in the labor market.
2. Lay the foundations for scientific research by preparing students and providing them with the necessary mechanisms and methodologies to achieve this and further develop themselves in the fields of computer information systems.
3. Develop communication skills and strengthen analysis and presentation skills to help them interact with the work environment.
4. Achieve standards of quality and academic accreditation locally and regionally.
Graduates of the Information Systems Department can work in banks, hospitals, educational institutions, and private and public sector institutions.
The Information Systems academic program was specifically designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to join labor forces in Saudi Arabia and the world. The program specializes in the following:
1. Database management and analysis. Currently, information is an institutions’ most important asset. As a result, database management, which manages and protects organizational information, is an important issue to consider.
2. Organization structure. There is a significant lack of information systems specialists in the region. The technical role of information systems specialists is of utmost importance to the institutions that lead the organization technology strategy, as they analyze business requirements and the designs from the view of business operations and data flow, the related applications, and the technology components needed to host the applications, while coordinating with other teams for work implementation.
3. Enterprise Resource Planning. Almost all institutions require Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions. This is an attractive field of specialization.
4. Information Security. Information security is considered one of the growing fields around the world. It is also considered one of the main requirements of any organization.
Academic plan for the bachelor stage
The academic plan for the bachelor's degree of Information Systems
Department in the College of Computer and Information Sciences consists of
127 credit hours distributed as follows:
The course code consists of a literal and numerical classification. The
literal classification refers to the department, and the numerical
classification consists of three digits as follows:
1. The number in the hundreds represents the academic year.
2. The number in the tens represents a specific knowledge area within the
3. The number in the ones symbolizes the subdivision within a specific
The number in the tens represents:
Information Systems Management and Leadership
Data and Information Management
System Analysis and Design
Information System Project Management
Domain Related Areas