The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques approved on the project submitted by the University to restructure the College of Education to be more specialized in educational and psychological sciences. In the first semester of the year 1430-1431 AH the College has comprised six departments, including the Department of Special Education.
The Special Education Program at the College of Education at Princess Nourah bint Abdulrahman University is designed to be of an applied nature. It consists of four components:
- The general cultural courses, chosen to provide students with the knowledge required for teaching subjects to pupils.
- The joint courses of the specialization track, chosen to provide students with the knowledge required to provide special educationservices to help pupils and adults to the integral development in the different aspects of growth.
- A set of specialized courses for each track.
- Field training in level eight to train students in public schools, special education centers, shelters, and daycare centers.
- Degree awarded at the end of the program: Bachelor
- Total number of credit hours required to complete the program: 133 hours